Evocative castle on the heights of the Novara area, dating back to 1260, belonged to the Barbavara family until the second half of the seventeenth century, when the Castiglioni family bought it. The castle dominates the Oleggio valley in all its elegance, surrounded by imposing grassy expanses which offer an exciting journey into nature, history and the art for its guest. The dwelling is rich in well-preserved details of the time, the terracotta and wooden floors, the coffered ceilings and the splendid frescoes that highlight the historicity of the splendid castle. Every detail has been well preserved thanks to the splendid conservation work, in fact the property doesn't require major renovations but is ready to welcome its guest inside with all its elegance. The kitchen is enriched by a wood-burning oven, the lounges are welcoming and impressive, enriched by majestic fireplaces. The rooms are bright and spacious, overlooking the valley and the grassy expanse of the Novara area, with terraces from which you can enjoy the suggestive landscape. Each room is also equipped with services to ensure extreme comfort. An outbuilding completes the property. The estate is ideal for enjoying nature and privacy just a stone's throw from the main services, Milan Malpensa airport and the towns of Lake Maggiore.